1. I recently drove 3000 km by myself across Canada. If I wrote an album based on this adventure, this image would be the album cover and it would be called : Solo. Road. Adventure. or Coffee and Crappy Motels or Cell Phones Don’t Work in Northern Ontario. Also, taking suggestions?
2. I picked up my guitar again. My fingertips are angry. I love it.
3. I fell in love with a new yoga studio in Toronto over the weekend. We are in full on lust. Kula Yoga at Bloor and Brunswick.. I can’t stop thinking about it.
4. I’m also really into this new podcast called “Stuff You Missed In History Class“. It’s exactly what it sounds like. They cover whatever topics they feel like, sometimes sticking with a theme (Halloween and haunted houses, serial killers, unsolved historical mysteries for example), but a lot of times it’s super random topics that you’re sure you’re supposed to have heard of, but haven’t. And then they explain it all. And you feel smarter! I’m addicted. I’ve listened to like 100 of them in the past 2 weeks.
5. I made a healthy lasagne today. I don’t think it’s healthy when you eat as much of it as I have in one day. It’s just so good. Whole wheat pasta, lots of roasted veggies, low fat cottage cheese, and sauce. Amazing.
6. People are really wonderful. I have had some really lovely experiences in the last couple weeks where people have gone out of their way to help me. It’s just nice to remember that people are generally good. They want to help. Sometimes, you just have to ask.