Category Archives: Christmas
1. Tried to channel Chelsea‘s wonderfully creative nail stylings this Christmas. Looked great for less than 24 hours then it all chipped or peeled off. Can’t say I didn’t try.
2. Little brother, myself, and dad at Nathan Phillips Square for the New Year’s Eve countdown! Lots of family fun this holiday. It was lovely.
3. My new cousin Jessica. She’s the girlfriend of my older Aussie cousin Ryan. They all came and stayed with us this holiday.
4. Cracked out the heavy duty boots for some tobogganing. They’re cute, and heavy as sh*t.
5. Pretty proud of the tree this year. I took a lot of time adding ribbon and bow details this season and it paid off with more depth and texture than usual. I looked forward to turning the lights on every evening. I wish we could have white lights up around the house all year long.
We really got crafty around the Best Things household this year! It felt so special to have homemade decorations, presents, and food all around this Christmas. We made these place cards/take home ornaments for our Christmas day dinner. And when I say “we”, I really mean it. Mr. Best Things is a fantastic crafter. Lucky, eh?
Here’s another one of the homemade Christmas cards we sent out. I love receiving the texts from friends saying they received them, and they’re thinking of us too. Makes all that hard (but fun!) work worthwhile.
This is probably what I’m most proud of. We made our own wreath for less than $20. We just bought a wooden circle, covered it with ribbon and then hot glued dollar store Christmas balls on it. We were both covered in hot glue and glitter afterwards; the telltale signs of a fun project.
I did a cookie exchange at work and got to really nail down a recipe for Peanut Blossoms. Here they are before getting baked.
And of course, I crocheted my little heart out and sent off some hats to friends for presents. Here I am working on a hat in the dressing room! I also managed to make myself an army green neck warmer!
Did you get crafty this Christmas?